Daily Living

Start text

Financial Institutions

 At financial institutions such as banks and post offices you can deposit money, transfer money, send money, and pay utility bills. If you have an account, you can also arrange to have bills paid by automatically debiting the amount from your account.

How to Open an Account

 To open an account at a bank or post office, fill out an application form available at the counter. You will need your seal and some form of personal identification (your driver’s license, passport, etc.).

Cash Card

 When you open a bank account, a cash card can be made automatically (or upon application). With a registered code number, you can make withdrawals, deposit money, transfer money or find out the balance of your account at an automated teller machine (ATM) without going to the bank teller.

Paying Utility Bills by Automatic Debit

 Utilities, such as electricity, gas, water and telephone services, are charged according to how much you use them, and the bills are sent to your home. These bills can be paid at the bank, post office, some convenience stores, or your local utility office. However, opting to pay regular bills by automatic debit from an account at a bank or post office under your name is convenient. To apply for this service, take your utility bill, account passbook, and seal to your bank or post office and complete the necessary procedures.

Sending Money Overseas

Sending Money from a Bank

 You can arrange to send money overseas at authorized foreign exchange banks. There are three different methods of sending money overseas:  Remittance check, regular (or postal) money order and wire transfer.

Sending Money from a Post Office

 Money can be sent to an address or an account. Also, it can be transferred from one account to another account.

Go to page top